This post contains affiliate links
Are you stuck for gift idea’s for a travelling kid? Then don’t worry we have some suggestions that could help you. I can honestly say that kids don’t need a lot of toys to travel around Australia. A lot of the time they are outside exploring and using their imagination. We find that our kids go to their toy box less now and use a lot of things in nature to play with. So I understand why a lot of families don’t know what to buy a child that’s travelling. So here are our best travel gifts for kids like ours and travellers like us.
Best Travel Gifts for Kids
Sit and Relax
A fantastic keepsake for your trip around Australia. Great book for kids to have fun with and write all their amazing memories in. We love that they are Australian made and plastic covered which makes them more durable.
- Are we there yet? – is a fantastic book that travelling kids enjoy reading as they can relate to the story as they travel around Australia.
- Travel Games: UNO, travel Monopoly, Pass the Pig, Skip-Bo or other small game compact games
- Colouring in or sticker books
- Find-a-words or Crosswords
- Where’s Wally? books or Find and Seek books
- Travel map for kids
- Family Quiz Book – Will keep the whole family entertained
- Buy them an experience – Zoo Keeper for the day, Feeding crocodiles in Darwin or snorkelling on the Great Barrier Reef. Experience is what makes the trip special.
- Itunes voucher
- Theme park tickets
- New swimmers and rashie
- Reef shoes
- Sand bucket and shovel
- Snorkelling gear
- Hard drive filled with movies or favourite TV shows
- In car DVD player
- Camera (waterproof would be great )
Visa gift card
Visa gift card are one of the best travel gifts our girls have received! The great thing is your kids can spend this money anywhere Visa is accepted and they can’t go into debt! We love these as our children can pick and choose where they want to spend the money. You can purchase these at your local Post office and add as much money to it as you want.
- Bug Catcher
- Magnify glass
- Pocket knife
- Walkie talkies
- Head Torch
- Cricket Bat and ball – (Lightweight i.e Foam)
We hope our suggestions have helped you find the best travel gifts for your kids. If you have some other great suggestions then comment below and we would love to add them.